Ability to read and speak fluently, in the primary language of the property location (English).
This position is located in Cleveland, Ohio United States of America
Please email resume to careers @dinemillennia.com to apply.
Millennia Hospitality Group (Marble Room Steaks & Raw Bar, Lockkeepers and Il Venetian), a thriving, locally owned and operated company that is growing in Cleveland. We are looking for dedicated hospitality professionals with a desire to be the best, that love a fast paced environment, enjoy coaching people to exceed expectations, and want to advance and grow in their profession.
The Executive Chef of Lockkeepers is directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness. The Executive Chef is expected to adhere to all company policy's and guidelines
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent reports directly to the General Manager. The major trust of the position is to create and maintain a professional kitchen operation and control expenses relative to the operation. Supervises and oversees the entire kitchen team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Lead by example utilizing a "hands-on" approach to management.
• Establish and develop a highly motivated, pro-active kitchen team with the highest ethical standards that delivers a cost effective and quality-oriented service product.
• Facilitate an environment in which both FOH and BOH members are comfortable utilizing the open-door policy.
• Ensure that team members are being treated in a fair and equitable manner.
• Ensure that team member issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Ensure that team members are in compliance with the grooming and uniform standards of the company
• Ensure that team members are knowledgeable of, and actively supporting the goals for the department as well as the company as a whole to ensure high quality and consistent service
• Create a defined set of feasible goals for each individual team member.
• Monitor employee performance and ensure their duties are carried out in accordance with the company policies, job descriptions, Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual. Make recommendations to the General Manager regarding succession planning
o Provide action plans and consistent follow up for team members that are struggling in their current positions
• Coach and counsel team members privately, in a timely manner and in accordance with the SOP.
o Ensure that all disciplinary issues are documented and communicated to the Human Resources & General Manager.
• Ensure that performance appraisals for Culinary personnel are carried out as per the SOP
o Ensure that all appraisals not meeting expectations are backed up with an action plan to help improve the team members performance
o Ensure this information is communicated to Human Resources and the General Manager.
• Ensure that team member promotions/transfers are handled according to restaurant policy
• Ensure effective communication with staff through daily line-ups. These meetings are to have a set agenda and should not be held during meal periods.
• Conduct continuous training to the kitchen personnel on modern preparation and presentation techniques cooking techniques and ensure these trainings are documented.
• Ensure that all established recipes are posted and that the kitchen personnel adhere to them at all times.
• Support cross training between kitchen personnel.
• Continue own education by staying abreast of trends and sharing this information with the team.
• Assist with the preparation of performance appraisals for all personnel.
• Ensure FOH and BOH team members are being recognized for their accomplishments
• Communicate staffing needs to Human Resources and the General Manager
• Assist in monitoring crew turnover and give suggestions on how to decrease this number.
• Exceed Internal and external Guest expectations of food quality.
• Develop a positive working relationship with all departments to facilitate a team-oriented atmosphere.
• Ensure that all Pastry personnel are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner.
• Regularly communicate with the General Manager regarding all kitchen related matters.
• Ensure that the restaurant's strategic plan, audit sheets, goals and checklists are posted in all areas and referred to daily.
• Ensure that the restaurant is maintained in accordance with restaurant policy, Public Health (HACCP), safety and environmental regulations.
• Ensure that cleaning schedules are in place and being followed for all Kitchen areas.
• Complete daily walk-through with the General manager.
• Submit work orders through General Manager for repairs to outlets and/or equipment and that these requests are followed up on to ensure timely completion.
• Ensure that the restaurant's standards are maintained in all areas (including but not limited to):
o Kitchen service, operation and philosophy
o Public health
o General standards in the kitchen
o Quality control of all restaurant products
o Planning and organizing operations for the kitchen
• Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product to the General Manager.
• Implement new policies, standard operating procedures and restaurant initiatives as assigned.
• Be available at all times during meal periods and actively manage the kitchen/restaurant operations.
• Complete reports in a timely manner (revenue report, inventory report/variance reports, End of Month reports, manning reports, Guest opportunities slips etc.).
• Review the operational logs daily to identify areas of deficiency and to determine appropriate courses of action to correct.
• Continually reference the F&B event calendar to ensure that they are properly planning and prepared for future events.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of appropriate par stocks for restaurant products and equipment based on current needs and upcoming functions.
• Review all requisitions and purchase orders before submitting to the General Manager for approval
• Is aware of, and works to decrease, the stock of slow moving items.
• Assists with all other tasks as requested by the General Manager
• Responsible for ensuring that the kitchen operates within the established budgetary guidelines.
• Review all kitchen related costs and consumptions in accordance with financial targets.
• Enforce cost control procedures and monitor waste and breakage.
• Submit budget requests to the General Manager in a timely manner
• Responsible for ensuring that all Kitchen operate within the established budgetary guidelines for the restaurant.
• Approves all internal food requisitions
• Conduct monthly inventories and handle variances in accordance with the Company SOP.
• Enforce cost control procedures and monitor waste and breakage.
• Ensure that the Time & Attendance Policy is being adhered to at all times and that time sheets are reviewed to ensure accuracy of pay for kitchen team members.
o Ensure that Managers monitor overtime and check to make sure those Culinary members are scheduled according to the operational needs.
o Ensures that all overtime is explained in detail on the timesheet.
o Communicates all excessive OT to the General Manager
o A minimum of 3-5 year experience in a kitchen management position.
o A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, and expediter
o In depth knowledge of Italian cuisine
o Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests
o Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
o Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
o Knowledge of computers sufficient to fulfill management functions
o Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: Menu development, food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports
o Experience with very busy banquet operations and presentations
o Experience with modern buffet operations to include set-up and action stations.
o Experience implementing new food concepts and menus
o Track record of successfully managing food cost and inventory control
o Establish and maintain proper inventories
o Excellent knowledge of Public Health regulations
• Leadership Requirements
o Actively support the restaurant's mission statement and goals; ability to conceptualize the mission
o Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire Culinary members to achieve those goals
o Ability to manage change effectively
o Provide leadership in order to help their departments achieve their goals and objectives
• Managerial Requirements:
o Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
o Experience making presentations in front of groups
o Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects
o Demonstrate team building experience
o Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork
o Lead by example at all times
o Build morale and spirit
o Use a "hands-on" approach to management
o Able to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion
o Instill a service oriented and "can-do" attitude in all Culinary members
o Coach Culinary members how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts
o Instill a calm, organized approach in all situations
• Administrative Requirements
o Good computer skills to include creating and working with spreadsheets, Word, Excel and Outlook, Fidelio/Opera.
• Business Skills
o Excellent time management skills,
o Strong organizational skills
o Excellent listening skills
o Exceptional follow-up abilities and able to resolve problems
o Strong budgetary, projections, and cost control skills
o Ability to produce consistent profits
o Assume responsibility/accountability
o Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations
o Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
o Think creatively and juggle the needs of the organization
Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver. Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven. Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene. Respect for all co-workers and guests. Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential functions of this job, all culinary members are required to stand; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. Lifting more than 50 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to pass basic safety course.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Qualified individuals with disabilities may be provided reasonable accommodation to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position, so long as such accommodation does not result in undue hardship to the organization. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and potentially stressful.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-time
• Executive Chef: 2 years (Preferred)
Solo per titolari Le agenzie di lavoro sono pregate di non contattare questo candidato.
NON contattateci con servizi o offerte non richiesti